Senior Technical Manager/Technical Manager
We are looking for candidates with an aspiration of shaping developments in accounting standards setting to join the ASC Secretariat as Senior Technical Manager/Technical Manager.
As a key member of the ASC Secretariat, you will provide technical accounting specialist support to the ASC and contribute to the overall achievement of the ASC’s statutory objectives. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage technical accounting projects. This includes obtaining stakeholder feedback, performing research and analysis, and developing comments on accounting standards consultation documents.
- Organise and provide technical accounting input to focus group discussions and stakeholder outreaches of the ASC.
- Monitor emerging issues in accounting standards, support the ASC in formulating a Singapore position, and engage the staff of International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) on the Singapore position.
- Provide support to, or participate as a member of, the ASC delegation in the meetings of the IASB, international and regional accounting standards setting bodies, and other accounting bodies.
- Participate in joint proactive accounting research work with international, regional and local stakeholders.
- A good degree or relevant professional qualifications in Accountancy.
- At least 10 years of working experience, inclusive of senior managerial role (for the Senior Technical Manager position)/approximately 8 - 10 years of working experience, inclusive of managerial role (for the Technical Manager position), in the application, interpretation and analysis of accounting standards.
- Able to lead/support the ASC engagement with various stakeholder groups in the financial reporting and accounting standards setting community.
- Able to lead and manage technical professionals within the organisation (for the Senior Technical Manager position).
- Good technical accounting knowledge and writing skills are essential.
Interested applicants to submit your resume to TAN_Sze_Lang@acra.gov.sg.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Posted on 4 September 2017